Monday, July 23, 2012

Top 10 Hopes For My Next 10 Years

Now that I am 10 years old, I am looking forward to new experiences. Here is another Top 10 List. 

Top 10 Hopes For My Next Decade 

(not in specific order)


#1: Driving a Car
I can't believe that in 6 more years, I will be able to learn how to drive a car! I'm thinking of getting a small car like a Smart Car, Mini, or Fiat just so I won't have to worry about things like crashes. My mom worries when driving our big SUV, but luckily it has a back-up camera to make up for it.

#2: Voting
When I'm 18 years old, I'll get to vote. One reason why I'll be excited when I can vote is because then I'll be able to help the U.S decide which person should be the president, and to decide what bills should be laws. It is one important role of being a citizen.

#3: Sitting in the Passenger Seat
My dad once told me that the law was that if you are ten years old, you can sit in the passenger seat, but that you're still more safe in the back row. I just tried it this morning though, and I got a great view of what it's like to be driving a car.

#4: Attending Middle School
What I know about high school and junior high is that there are lockers and periods, and there are very many kids, especially in my school district. I'm going to be in 5th grade next year though, so middle school will be two more years from now.

#5: Wearing Deodorant
OK, I'm not really looking forward to having to use deodorant, but at least I get to choose it. All I have to be careful with is to make sure not to get the anti-perspirant because it has some chemicals that aren't good. It's not a hassle putting it on, but taking a shower every morning is. 

#6: Reaching a New Toy Age Limit
Many advanced toy sets that I really like are usually age 10+, but now I can buy those sets because I'm ten. One of those are Lego Robotics that lets you build a robot (with instructions) and program it to walk, turn, etc. It's just really expensive, but I can see why.

#7: Increasing My Allowance
When I am in 5th grade, the price will rise for my allowance, up to $5 a week. So that will definitely allow me to save up and purchase my dream toy: the Nintendo 3Ds XL which starts at $199. Or I could save even more for the future one (let's say the 3Ds XXL).

#8: Having a Job
Having a job is perhaps even better than getting an allowance. Though the tasks can be more challenging, the money earned is far greater. Some jobs that I could begin with would be an engineer, scientist, etc. Later, my jobs could be something else.

#9: Having My Own Home
Another thing I am looking forward to is having my own house. It's not that I don't want to live with my family anymore, it's just that I think that it will be interesting having my own place. I'll be able to decorate it the way I want it, invite friends or family members to parties, and more!

#10: Owning a Pet
Since I do not own any pets currently, I would like to get a dog such as a Golden Retriever. Dogs can give you company, play with you, and can do tricks. If you train them well enough, they won't do bad things like eat your homework (though then you wouldn't have an excuse like that anymore!).{#emotions_dlg.lol}

No comments: